Cvedia is amazing

Hi

I tried a few solutions but this is one of the best one ever made. You guys did the amazing job. And most importantly you are keeping it free.

However it’s still lacking documentation and common error/ solution page. Would love to contribute on the documentation part after gaining more experience on it.

1 Like

Hey @Manish_Yadav, great reading from you! My name is Yeray, I’m the Chief of Staff at CVEDIA.

I have to admit your message got me quite excited. We’re just getting started with this and we love getting feedback, and messages like this in which you’re even considering to contribute is exactly what we’re looking for.

May I ask what the exact goal you have in mind by using the application is? What are you trying to do, where are we failing, etc, eager to support you!

Looking forward to further reading from you.

Best,
Yeray.

Hi @yerayefalcon

Let’s discuss my use case first- Recently i got a contract from our military college, they need to setup AI labs with ai modules like- Face recognition, object detection, radar clutter detection, Aerial object detection, NLP base question/answering system and a few more.

I was searching for deployable solution with user interface and I found none. All of them are command/code based solutions with no user interface. After a lots of work we finalised the face recognition, object detection and NLP modules but got stuck on radar clutter detection and aerial object detection.

Later we decided to use Matlab for the radar clutter detection but we still have no solution for the aerial object detection. One day I found a post on Linkedin about the cvedia and downloaded it instantly but I was trying to run it on a virtual window instance but it was not working (you haven’t mentioned the Graphics card requirements on download page).

But today I managed to run the application on a system with GPU, I really like everything and the drone detection module giving us hope of building a aerial object detection module (it should be able to identify the different kind of flying object wether it’s a military aircraft, civilian aircraft, make and manufacturers etc. etc)

It would be great to have tutorials on training custom data sets and using it in cvedia, a short video would be very helpful. and I know it’s too much too ask for and it’s hard to implant but having a build-in feature for training custom datasets will take this application to the new heights.

Having a tutorial on training custom data, will bring lot’s of peoples to try, train and deploy and maybe you can build a community around it where users can share the deployable projects on cvedia.

Trigger’s should play an alarm or sound when someone detected inside a zone, so it can be used in any industry instantly.

User interface requires lot’s of fine tuning and changes so new users can adapt it (like any other modern application). Would love to colloborate on this, I have experience in UI/UX.

Unable to see the text on video (example- people counting, or vehicle counting), it would be great if you can make the text a bit bigger or add background layer behind them

A page describing most common error and their solution, Like today when I tried adding a custom drone video of detection, it was not working and returning following error- Onlnit function failed. Could not start Instance @Rod (I’m eagerly waiting for your response and any help would be highly appreciated)

Nice to have feedbacks on clicks, like- when I double click on screeenshot it should give a feedback that the image is saved in following directory. As during the use i thought screenshot save feature is not working later I find out that it’s saving the image inside the cvedia directory only and i was searching them inside the download folder.

and I have lot’s of ideas regarding interface and ai application. cvedia website also requires design changes, as the current design system is very basic and missing the modern touch and doesn’t give the clear perspective of possibilities and cvedia-rt should be featured on the homepage.

One thing I know for sure that this application will change the way how individual/startups/corporate use and deploy ai. And building a community for sharing trained models/projects will give it instant growth and scale and will make it the next and first github/dribble/behance for AI.

2 Likes

and I understand it’s a non-commercial license and I’ll not be using it for any commercial activity, just planning to use the aerial detection to teach military students.

1 Like

Hey Manish!

Thanks so much for all of the incredible insights and feedback. Also it’s exciting to hear about some of the applications you are working on. We are absolutely working on improving the tutorials, starting with a quick start guide and then working our way through the experiences that users are commonly looking to build. Also we need to improve the documentation since some of the feature requests you have mentioned, we have but are not documented yet.

Sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm and support. If you need more hands on help we are happy to help just email us at support@cvedia.com and we can set up some time to work through.