Exporting Problem from different solutions

I have a simple question about exporting. Can it be used in noncommercial software? It didn’t work for me for a few solutions, so I thought maybe it was because I was using a non-commercial software.

As of now, I haven’t seen the exporting UI section, so I manually added the output section in the advanced part of every solution.

hi,

we already addressed this topic on Discord, but I would like to share the information with others.

For those using RT 2022.11.1, you can export data from any data sink produced by the solution.

To locate the relevant information, inspect the “index.lua” file of the solution you are interested in, for example CVEDIA-RT\files\assets\projects\intelligent-transportation-systems\lua\index.lua, and look for the writeOutputSink method. The first argument of this method is the name of the sink you can use to configure an output handler, as detailed on this page: Data Export

You also need to enable the output in the solution by adding this code inside the onInit function:

local output = api.factory.output.create(instance, "Output")
output:loadHandlersFromConfig()

Then edit the JSON file of your instance and add this block before the last “}”.
Replace the [sink] placeholder with the data sink you want to export.

",Output": {
    "handlers":[
        {
            "uri": "json:///output/frame_{sys.count counter}.json",
            "sink": "[sink]"
            "config": {
                "encode_buffers": true,
                "script": "assets/scripts/passthrough.lua"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Once you start the instance, RT will generate one file per frame with all the data found in the sink.
You can experiment with different sinks to find the one that contains the data you need.

In case you want to export specifically all the tracks with vehicle classification from the intelligent-transportation-system solution, you can replace the files of the solution with the zip you can find here.
This is the path of the solution where to unzip the files: CVEDIA-RT\files\assets\projects\intelligent-transportation-systems
I also added a UI interface in the “Config” window of the instance that allows you to enable and disable the exporting of Tracks on any instance, so you don’t have to manually edit the JSON file.